Society for Health Extension and Development (SHED) a National NGO working in Cox’s Bazar district is inviting applications from suitable candidates for its programme title ‘Integrated Nutrition Interventions for Malnutrition Treatment and Prevention in FDMN’S Camp, Cox’s Bazar’ for Ukhia Rohingya Camps. The Programme is jointly funded by UNICEF & WFP.
Name of Position: IYCF Counselor (only female)
Department- Health and Nutrition
No. of Position(s): 01 (One)
To provide Infant and Young Child Feeding Practices (IYCF) support at Integrated Nutrition Facility (INF) that includes Outpatient Therapeutic Programme (OTP), Targeted Supplementary Feeding Programme (TSFP) and Blanket Supplementary Feeding Programme (BSFP) for under5 Children, adolescent girls and PLW.
Job Description / Responsibility:
Under the technical supervision by Nutrition Site Supervisor-NSS and close collaboration with other stakeholders at camp area in Ukhia Upazila each IYCF Counselor will undertake the following tasks:
- Provide nutritional counselling to mothers of young children, focusing on children in the first 1000 days of life.
- Provide one-on-one breastfeeding counselling for mothers experiencing difficulties breastfeeding including supporting re-lactation.
- Provide tailored one-on-one counselling sessions to mothers, in line with needs assessed in initial assessments, offering practical advice and education on key IYCF issues.
- Provide mothers with practical advice on correct attachment and positioning when breastfeeding and respond to any concerns or local taboos associated with breastfeeding.
- Counsel mothers on the appropriate time to introduce complementary feeding, and the benefits of continued breastfeeding and respond to any concerns or local taboos associated with complementary feeding.
- Educate the mothers on the quality, quantity, and frequency of complementary feeds to promote adequate weight gain.
- Arrange food demonstration sessions (on complementary feeding) for the beneficiaries in collaboration with outreach workers, women support groups, and other key members of the community;
- Advice on food hygiene and the importance of preventing diarrhea and parasites in promoting nutrition.
- Deliver messages on IYCF practices and maternal nutrition to the targeted community/communities through group education sessions.
- Lead and conduct support groups for caregivers of children under 2 and pregnant and lactating women, ensure formation of the mother support group (MSG) at the community level in areas where MSG are non-existent.
- Contribute to the development of contextually appropriate IEC materials for local IYCF assessments.
- Utilize education materials and tools on breastfeeding and complementary feeding practices, relaying accurate, practical, and specific advice for the mother’s needs.
- Assess all children presenting with low MUAC or other forms of malnutrition, treating and referring to local agencies as appropriate.
- Work closely with medical and nursing teams to identify SAM children needing inpatient facility and supporting as per protocol.
- Master’s degree in any discipline from any recognized/approved National/Public University.
- At least 03 (three) years practical working experience at Rohingya camps in NGO/INGO in Health/Nutrition/Wash Sectors
- Having working experience in the IYCF/PLW/U5/O5/Health & Nutrition Counseling.
- Maximum 35 Years (on 21/09/2021)
- Ability to motivate people specially pregnant & lactating women.
- Practical Knowledge in SAM & MAM management.
- Good communication skills both in English & Bengali
- English: Professional Written and Spoken
- Communication Skills in Rohingya dialects (Cox’s Bazar region/ Rohingya dialect) is an asset.
- At anywhere of Ukhia Upazila (Camp area), Cox’s Bazar.
- 57,750 (Fifty Seven Thousand Seven Hundred & Fifty taka only) & including all benefits according to the HR Policy.
Duration: Up to December-2021.
As per Organization/project provision
Published on: 15th September-2021
Top of Form
Bottom of Form
- Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview.
- Candidates of Cox’s Bazar district are highly encouraged to apply.
- Mention the name of position on top of envelope.
Attachments: Interested candidates must send their application with:
- Cover letter with date.
- Update CV with two references.
- Two copies recent passport size color photograph.
- Photo copies of all educational certificates.
- Photocopy of national ID card/Passport etc.
- Photo copies of all Experience & Clearance Certificate (S)
Hardcopy must be submitted to:
The Executive Director
Society for Health Extension and Development (SHED),
Liaison Office, House/Holding No: 337/1, Zia Mansion (Grand Floor) Shahid Sharani, Baharchara, Cox’s Bazar.
- Deadline: 21th September2021 by 5.00 PM.
- No application will be accepted after the deadline.
- No soft copy will be accepted.
- Any personal communication regarding the issue must be treated as the candidate’s disqualification.
- Candidates from Cox’s Bazar district will be given preferences as local candidate.
Females are highly encouraged to apply.
Attention: If you think you, are a suitable candidate; Please go through the total circular very carefully before submitting your application.